Systems Change Working Group
This Systems Change Working Group of WeCanStopSTDsLA addresses the various systems that come together to support the sexual health of youth and young adults in District 2 South LA. The group aims to facilitate service coordination, build bridges between stakeholder entities, and encourage advocacy and strategic actions on behalf of the community in order to ensure adequate support for youth and young adults, especially the most vulnerable and those at elevated risk for STDs. Our priorities are to:
Enhance community services - Transform social norms and enhance the community’s approach to prevention and treatment services
- Increased condom distribution.
- Elevated community capacity to openly communicate about sexual health.
- Diverse partners engaged and mobilized to coordinate, align and leverage existing and new services, systems and supports.
- Sexual health and self-efficacy promoted.
- The community is a safe space for youth and young adults.
- Focus on vulnerable populations and youth & young adults at elevated risk, including youth out of school.
Ensure there are comprehensive services in every school district in South LA
- Access to evidence-based comprehensive sexual health education.
- Availability of quality reproductive and sexual health services in schools.
Improve clinical access
- Increased availability of youth-friendly and high-quality STD prevention, testing and treatment services for youth and young adults in South LA.
- Alignment of best and promising, evidence-based and data-driven practices for STD prevention and control.
Meets on the 3rd Friday of each month from 2:00 - 4:00 pm. For details and to RSVP to attend the next meeting, click here.