Looking for a resolution you can keep this year? Own your health in 2018 with just a few easy steps!
Here’s how to do it:
- Get Tested: About half of all sexually active teens will get an STD before their 25th birthday and not even know it. The most common types of STDs don’t show any symptoms and put you and your partner at risk. The only way to know your status for sure is by getting tested for STDs. Find a clinic to schedule an appointment and learn more about the different types of STDs through our website!
- Get Vaccinated: About 8 out of 10 sexually active people get some type of the human papillomavirus (HPV), but most don’t show any symptoms. By getting the HPV Vaccine, you will be protecting yourself from high-risk HPV types that can lead to cancer. Many clinics provide the vaccine for free or at a low-cost. You can find a local clinic here.
- Get Free Condoms: Find a location to pick up FREE condoms near you! If you are a teen in certain areas, we’ll send you a packet of 10 free condoms along with lube and information on STDs in the MAIL! Check out our Condom Access Project and find out how to get FREE condoms!
- Get a Birth Control Method that is Right for You: If you are looking to get on birth control, you have several different options and various methods that you can use. It’s important you find the one that is right for you. Learn about the different kinds of birth control on our website and talk with your health care provider!
- Get the Hookup: If you don't already, you can get quick tips about life, love, sex and health sent right to your phone! Sign up for the Hookup texts by sending “hookup” to 877877. Find out more through our hookup page.
- Get to Know Your Rights: As a teen, you have a right to CONFIDENTIAL sexual and reproductive health care and more! This includes birth control, testing and treatment for STDs, abortion services, pregnancy testing and pre-natal care and mental health services. Learn more about your rights by visiting our page.
This 2018, take control and choose health as your new year’s resolution!
Get Involved with TeenSource
Want to blog for TeenSource? Click here to find out how CA teens can help educate their peers about sex + reproductive health.
This blog was reposted from TeenSource.org, a project of Essential Access Health. TeenSource.org is an online hub for comprehensive and teen-friendly information on birth control, STDs, relationships and teen’s rights to accessing sensitive services. The site features youth-developed blogs and videos, a clinic finder, a Condom Access Project and links to TeenSource social media where youth can stay updated on relevant sexual and reproductive health information and news.