Winter break will be here soon, giving you a rest from school obligations and more time to spend with friends or to shop ‘till you drop. With only 26 days left in 2018, it’s time take a minute to reflect on what’s important to you and how you can still make a difference before the year ends. Here are 5 ways to keep up the good work you’ve been doing all year:
- Request donations for your favorite cause in lieu of holiday gifts! Ask for donations to an organization you support, or set up a GoFundMe account so you can donate the money yourself.
- Make your money count by shopping at businesses that support causes that are important to you. Shop locally within your community, support women/LGBTQ-owned businesses, or look for gifts where a portion of the proceeds supports a cause you believe in.
- Volunteer during your time off from school/work. The holiday season is a great time to get involved with your community.
- Stay up to date on the issues. Important events are still taking place even during your school break. Sign up for newsletters, or follow social media accounts that will keep you informed.
- Be a resource for your friends! Share TeenSource information about staying healthy and safe and remind your friends they can get FREE condoms and use the TeenSource Clinic Finder to get tested.
From all of us at TeenSource, Happy Holidays!
“This blog was reposted from Teensource.org, a project of Essential Access Health. TeenSource.org is an online hub for comprehensive and teen-friendly information on birth control, STDs, relationships and teen’s rights to accessing sensitive services. The site features youth-developed blogs and videos, a clinic finder, a Condom Access Project and links to TeenSource social media where youth can stay updated on relevant sexual and reproductive health information and news.”