Join us for a half-day workshop focused on discussing actions that can be taken to address the impact of injury, violence and trauma on mental health and wellbeing among women and girls of color.
Featuring "The Reunion" - a short film about friendship, peer pressure and sexual assault.
This workshop is intended for public health professionals, mental health professionals, educators/school teachers, maternal and child health advocates, family and youth service providers, housing professionals, injury prevention professionals/organizations, law enforcement, students (undergraduate and graduate), prevention specialists, alcohol/substance use prevention professionals, park and recreation personnel (e.g. Parks after Dark and Saturday Night Lights), and domestic/family/intimate partner violence professionals.
Key Learning Objectives...
After participating in this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Discuss the status of mental health and wellbeing in communities of color
- Define/describe key concepts like ACE’s, Community-ACE’s, TIA, Restorative Justice, etc...
- Describe how injury, violence and trauma impact mental health and wellbeing in communities of color
- Identify/prioritize opportunities to elevate mental health and wellbeing in communities of color
Disclaimer: By participating in this event you are granting permission for your voice, image and likeness to be filmed, recorded, photographed, edited, copied, exhibited, published or distributed by Community Intelligence. If you do not wish to recorded, photographed or filmed, please inform Community intelligence staff on the day of or prior to the workshop. Thank you.
- Dr. Randal Henry, Founder/CEO, Community Intelligence; Board Member, Echo Parenting and Education; Project Director, Making Connections for Mental Health and Wellbeing Project
- Special Guest/Mental Health Professional - To be announced
A sandwich bar will be open during the lunch break and iced tea will be available.
Early Bird - $45.
Regular Entry - $55.
Student/Low Income - $25
1000 N Alameda St
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Google map and directions