Here are four important things to know about STDs:
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are on the rise. Click on the graphic for more information about STDs in South LA
2. Know the facts:
- Not having sex is the only 100% sure way to avoid STDs.
- If you’re having sex, you can lower your risk by reducing the number of people you have sex with, and by using a condom every time you have sex.
- Getting tested regularly is key––even if you’ve been treated before. You can get many STDs more than once
3. Know your rights:
- If you are age 12 or older, you DO NOT NEED ANYONE’S PERMISSION to get most sexual health services, like:
- Birth Control and Condoms
- STD & HIV testing and treatment
- Pregnancy testing and care
- Emergency contraception (“morning-after pill”)
4. Know where you can get FREE and LOW COST, confidential help
- Download the WeCanStopSTDsLA Pocket Guide to youth-appropriate, free and low-cost sex health services in South LA