Greetings everyone! Join us at the upcoming Community Advisory Coalition (CAC) meeting which will be held on Friday August 5th from 9:00 am to Noon at Supervisor Mark Ridley Thomas’s Exposition Park Office. The meeting will feature a capacity-development workshop entitled, “You are My Other Me -Adult Allies Walking Alongside Youth and Young Adults”. This event is the CAC’s second allyship and skills development training and follows the popular adult ally training held in summer 2015. Please register for this event below.
We are excited about our trainers this year:
- Eden Silva Jequinto - a graduate of UCLA School of Law, Eden has worked with intergenerational Third World grassroots groups and nonprofits, supporting campaigns through guerilla theatre, healing work, and systemic analyses.
- Kandee Lewis -is the executive director of The Positive Results Corporation which addresses teen dating violence and sexual assault in youth and communities of color.
- Lakhiyia Hicks - is a Liberation Arts Activist in Arts-based Reproductive Justice & Sexual Health Education, a spoken word poet, actress, playwright, director, singer, dancer, joker and you name it!
Our objectives for the 2016 adult ally training is to provide an opportunity for adults working in sexual and reproductive health and justice in South LA to:
- Deepen our understanding of what it means and takes to be an adult ally;
- Hear (via video) from youth peer advocates about their work with other youth;
- Learn about embodiment arts and nonviolent communication; and
- Support CAC and community members’ movement-building work and help us appreciate more deeply what it takes to be in solidarity with youth and young adults in more just and compassionate ways.
Appreciation to the CAC's Youth and Young Adult Working Group (Y&YA) for organizing this event for us. Krissy Leahy, Co-Chair of the Y&YA will co-facilitate the event with original CAC member, Nicole Ressa.
700 Exposition Park Dr
Los Angeles , CA 90037
Google map and directions